Friday, January 2, 2009

Time to Return to Life

This Christmas break has been much needed. Nobody ever wants their vacation to end, but much to our chagrin, it always does. I have had lots of fun these past 10 days. I loved hanging out with my nieces and nephew, and also the Bators' entire family! I got home early on Christmas eve. For a few years now, Christmas Eve has been our family Christmas party where we just give out all our gifts so the grand kids can go home to santa. Everyone was there, including Shaley, (Howard's fiance at the time) and the missionaries, which has been a tradition for as long as I can remember. Howard got married on the 26th and it was a blast. There were a lot of people out for the party and it seemed like everyone had a great time. Tawnya was the DJ and helped everyone get their groove on. The 29th was a fun day cause I was able to go to Timberwolves game, which wasn't all that great, but they did win, so what else can you ask for. The one thing I would have changed was having Mad Dog Madsen play in the game, just for those of us who love LDS Professional sports players.

New Years Eve I spent it at my second home where we did fondue and a talent show. Then when people started to get tired, we had a dance party and it was a hoot! A hoot and a hollar! New Years day was spent watching the Rose parade and football! WAHOO! I spent the evening doing laundry, packing, and spending time with my parents. It was just my parents and me home, so we curled up in their bed and watched two movies that got us all bawling until almost 1am. Good Times had by all. Now it is time to drive back to Utah and get back into my real life where I try to make the best out of my whole situation. That situation being single, in a world all about MARRIAGE! Being single is not bad though, don't get me wrong. I love not being responsible for anyone else, but I wouldn't mind some change in my life. 2009 is all about change, so let's BRING IT ON! 2009=ALL ABOUT ME!

2 comments:

Fran said...

It was a great time to have you with us. I will enjoy the memories throughout 2009. Hope your trip back to Utah goes smooth. And who knows, maybe 2009 will be your magical year!!

Anne said...

I missed hanging out with you this time around! Love ya!