Friday, January 23, 2009

To Wii or not to Wii?

Last Monday I was with some friends celebrating a birthday.  We went to Jump on It, which is a giant trampoline place.  We were told it opened at 10 am, so we got there right then so we would be the first one to get in.  Well the hours were different and didn't open until 2 on Mondays.  We decided to go out and try a new little bakery that Tawnya had heard about called, "Flour girls and Dough Boys".  It turned out to be a pretty good place.  Their Oatmeal Raisin and coconut cookies were delicious!  Then we went to Target.  When we got out of the car, there it was, in the hands of a 10 year old boy, a Wii Fit!  They have been sold out forever, and Jessica and I wanted to get one for Tawnya for her birthday but we couldn't find one anywhere.  Jessica, Tawnya, and I started running into the store.  My phone fell out of my pocket but Tawnya's roommate (Shauna), who was not running, yelled, "I'll get it", so that I didn't need to go back for it.  I later heard from Shauna that the people outside were laughing at us for being in such a hurry.  Well we got in side and went straight over to electronic and a very helpful man asked if he could help us find something and there it was, in all its glory, the WII FIT!   AHHHHHHH!  There happened to be three left but by the time we left the store, they were sold out.  What a blessing to not get into Jump On It, when we wanted.  We went home, started playing the wii and at 1:30 we left to go back to Jump on it.  It actually opened at 12, but the sign wasn't up early enough for us to see it.  We jumped for one hour and it was so much fun. I did get my leg smashed and my knee popped which gave me a bruise that hurt majorly, but it wasn't enough to keep me from having a blast.  
I jump back and forth from being 25 or 33 which is kind of interesting.  I recommend the wii fit to everyone.  You will love it!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Um, yeah. I started out at 44. FORTY-FOUR!!! Now I'm down to 29, so I feel vindicated. I was clearly just getting used to it. Isn't that hula hoop the best ab workout?!?

Nicole said...

You guys got lucky!

Angie said...

I'm definitely going to invest in one soon! What better way to work off my post baby pounds! :) Also in response to your comment on my blog...of course I'm not sad you silly girl! A healthy baby is a blessing no matter what! :)

Geraldine said...

I have been looking for one of those for Nicole. Hopefully I can find one for her birthday. Glad you had so much fun. Take care of your knee. love ya

Geraldine said...

You are more than welcome anytime. Hope to see you in Feb.

Kimmy Kasl said...

I've never heard of it! I wanna try one! Exercise and fun at the same time!? Who knew?