Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Church is True

It all started back in... Okay this is not a history lesson, but it is a great story. While I was home on Christmas break, my younger brother, Howard got married. My oldest brother, John, is going through a divorce and so he brought a friend that happens to be a girl, to the reception. Well everyone was asking me who she was and I had no clue but two days later I had the chance to meet her. She was visiting John at my house when I got home from my second home and because it snowed pretty bad that night, she ended up staying the night and all the next day and left the day after that. Well it all started the second night she was staying over. My parents, me, Kelly Ann, and John were all sitting around the table when out of the blue she asks, so what do you guys believe in? That is a great question, because it means they really want to know. Well it was a good thing I was there to translate for Kelly Ann because sometimes adults and members alike can use big "MORMON" words that others don't understand. I had a Book of Mormon in my room that I had gotten on my mission and started marking in it all the places it talks about Christ and Heavenly Father. Also some of my other favorite scriptures. Well while on my mission, I just never felt like giving that one away, so I never did. Well I did that day. She started reading it and that is the last I had heard by the time I had to leave for Utah. I heard on Monday that she called the missionaries to take the lessons and I found out yesterday that she is getting baptized on Sunday. I am so excited. The Lord works in mysterious ways and I am just grateful that He trusts me enough to get involved. I love this Gospel!

3 comments:

Angie said...

WOW Laurie! What a great story! So we'll she be in the N. Branch ward?

Nicole said...

That's awesome! It's so cool that you kept the BOM all that time and finally had the prompting to give it away. It's even better to know that it's a friend of the family.

Linda said...

Way to be prepared when the Lord needed to use you. I bet it gave you a high all week.