Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Waiting Game

Having patience is not always an easy thing.  Trying to figure out what to do with your life, but not knowing what else might come make decisions a lot harder.  Take for instance living situations.  Deciding where to live is a hard thing for someone my age.  Trying to decide whether you should sign your life away in a contract for an apartment, means you are stuck somewhere for at least that long.  Then there is the chance that you won't find a job, or you find to person you want to marry, but you don't live in the same state, you have a job that you are tied to, you can't get out of your contract, and everyone thinks you are rushing to fast.  
Change of subject!  For those of you that don't know, I have gone on my first second date EVER!!! That date turned into a 3rd and 4th as well.  It has made me feel like a whole new person.  I have a lot more confidence in myself and feel like I can do a lot more and am way happier.  I know, me happier, hard to believe.  :)  I may not know whether or not this "relationship" will continue but it has been a blast on the ride.  I would just like to thank the guy for the much needed confidence he has given me.  so THNAK YOU!!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats on the dates Lauri! I also think it's hard to decide when, where, and how to do things in life, but it seems like if I just do what is right for me at the time things always work out in the end.

Anne said...

Yeah Lauri! So we'll hold off on LDS singles for now? Let me know! ;) And let me tell you, these life decisions don't seem to get any easier. Does Jon look for a new job now that he's graduating? Should we move to a new house? Add on to the one we have? Etc. I always have a hard time committing to a decision. Good luck!

Mand Spanier said...

Hey girl i was excited that you talked to me this weekend, i miss you a lot i have needed you for some tough stuff lately but i made it through alright, Mom said i should be going to my husband more so i did and suprisingly he was ok with it and did his best to help. I love you and i pray everything goes right for you and you can figure out your decisions on what is best for you even though i want you to move in MN

Tawnya said...

Way to go Lauri, I had no Idea you were dating someone. I guess when the cat is away the mice play:) Have fun playing!!!