Thursday, July 9, 2009

Here I am!

Blogging in my free time, what is this?  Don't get too confused, just because I am blogging doesn't mean I have free time, it just means I am still alive. :)  I have been so busy it seems since about May 26th.  The week before that I was in Nauvoo with my parents and had a lot of fun.  I was able to go to the Temple and do some family names, from baptisms to sealings.  What a blessing!  Then on May 26th, I started Massage Therapy school part-time at night.  so I have been working during the day and going to school at night.  My classes are Monday thru Thursday, 7 to 10:30pm so I don't get much time for anything else.  Luckily, I like my job, for the most part. 

I got my very own massage table, but I haven't even used it yet.  I told my roommate I would give her a massage this weekend.  I absolutely love school.  I was really worried about anatomy, but it turns out it is my favorite class, however, I like most of my classes.  I am almost done with the first semester, so a lot of homework is getting handed out which doesn't give me a lot of time for anything else.  I was really trying to get out there with the activities in my ward, but since most of them are at night during the week, I can't really make it. 

I have made a goal to have 100% attendance at school, so there are no excuses why I don't learn the material.  I also want to get a 4.000 GPA, so we will just have to see how that goes for me as time moves on.  This is a 1 year program, so I should stop being busy at the end of May 2010.  I hope you all don't miss me until then.

Last week, I was able to go to Billings, Montana and see my sister, Brother-in-law, Niece, and Nephew all sealed together.  What a wonderful experience that was, and of course I cried like a baby.  Hey, What else did you expect from me. :)  Then the next day was the 4th, which was awesome, I spent it with all my cousins in Wyoming.  The only thing that was missing was tubing with the Bators.  Then I had to come back to reality for work and I have never been so mad at the alarm than I have this week.  I don't really have any right to complain, because I know other people get up like this everyday, but dang, I am tired!!!  I can't wait until I can sleep in before I have to go to work.  Only two more weeks.  Wahoo!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Glad to see you are still alive, Lauri. :) That must have been really cool to go to Billings for the sealing.

Fran said...

What do you mean "Don't miss me until 2010"? I miss you already!! Especially on July 4th - we had a new tube. But I'm glad to hear you are happy with school and I'm sure you will do an awesome job!! Write, or call when you can. Love ya much!

Colliers said...

It sounds like you are doing well. I'm so glad! I would still love to see you sometime if you ever have a chance (it sounds like you might not). Way to go though with everything and good luck with the 100% and 4.0. You can do it!