Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Better Me!

I was talking to my mom the other day, when she told me she read my blog and was sad for me and my sad life. I decided I should probably write again since I am not sad (anymore) and am actually very happy. Two weeks ago I found out I did not get into any grad schools I applied to. It was the BEST news I had gotten in a long time. I realized I never wanted to be a school psychologist. I was doing it because I thought that is what I was supposed to do, or because I thought that is what others thought I should do. Since I have made the theme of this year "All About ME!" I was glad one decision was easy for me. I can't go to grad school cause I didn't get in. :)
I called my parents and said I have some great news, and that was that I didn't get into grad school. Wahoo! My dad was a bit confused as to why, but I know why, I am not supposed to go. It has changed my outlook on life a ton and it is totally looking up! I have a new apartment, my own room, another roommate, and one more thing I am looking into, but not sure about yet, so I will blog about that later. What a blast!
Yesterday, Tawnya and I watched the first session of General Conference and then met Jessica at the library to do our taxes. (not a good year for me!) Then we watched the second session. We realized we had no big plans for the evening, so we went to Lifetime and worked out. We ran for a half hour and then went and relaxed in the pool and hot tub. It was the most relaxing time I've had in a while. Last we watched Felicity (an old TV show, Tawnya has on DVD), but mostly I watched and Tawnya slept. It was a pretty great day!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Great attitude Lauri! Also, I LOVED Felicity! Ben was/is quite the hottie!

Fran said...

Way to be happy Lauri, and take more time to relax. It's well worth the effort!